Monday, March 4, 2013

Sunset on the Season

I thought "A Year Near the Water" meant just that.  However, the landlord put the "For Sale" sign up
and got a cash buyer.  It sucks, but I'm out in 11 months.  One shy, of my plan. 

What did I learn?  To start with the ocean is beautiful, powerful and untamable.  Those fortunate few
water men who become one with her are in a different class than me.  I wish it wasn't so, but each time I enter, it is with a certain trepidation and awe.  There is not the sense of freedom that I so want, but one of restriction.  Like life, I constantly fight against the tide, when I know the only smooth sailing is going with the current.  Why can I not for once just let go?  Too late now.

Is there a book in this year?  Will it change me as a person?    Can I sleep without the sound of the
surf?

Time will tell, but for now the sun has set on my Year Near the Water.


No comments:

Post a Comment