Friday, September 7, 2012

Breaching Dophins

I went to sleep last night excited that I had made the choice to rise early and hit the surf before work.  When the alarm went off at 6:30 I found my excitement had waned and it was all I could do to pull my sorry ass out of bed.

After a morning cup of coffee and a look out the window at an empty ocean I decided to give it a try.  I found a shorty wet suit and put it on.  Thankfully it was dry and I didn't have to deal with the cold shock of a soaking wet suit.

In the water by 7:15 and found myself alone on the ocean.  The combination of school being back in session and a fairly small swell made for some me time on the sea. 

After about 15 minutes a pod of 6 dolphins swam by.  They were playing and frolicking in the water.  Perhaps laughing at my ineptitude in the water, or maybe just enjoying the morning as well.  All were extremely active with one breaching.  It was the first time in the wild I had seen it happen and it more than paid me back for the lack of sleep.

Below is not my picture, but the best I could find that shows the breaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment